DFA has always supported the positive portrayal of Defence life, so as part of the Silver Jubilee celebrations, it highlighted the unique experiences of Defence families alongside the significant sacrifices of ADF members by publishing a book.
The goal of this book is two-fold. It provides a means in which Navy, Army and Air Force family members can see themselves reflected in the stories of others. Secondly, it raises awareness of family experiences among the general public.
DFA has given away hundreds of books to Defence families thanks to our sponsors Defence Health, Defence Housing Australia, ADCU and RANCCF.
You can download individual chapters which are less than 1Mb each.
- A Chance Encounter by Linda Hurley
- A Knock at the Door (Wounded Overseas) by Tia Lees
- A Parent's Perspective by Marg Santilli
- Chasing the Sunshine (Lateral Recruit) by Fiona Thatcher
- DFA is Your Voice (Past Convenorr) by Judy Swann, OAM
- In the Blood (Special Needs) by Margaret Fisk, OAM
- Katherine Dreaming by Emily Healy
- The Adventure of a Lifetime (East Timor) by Danielle Cooper
- Supporting a Submariner by Mandy Hunt
- The non-issue Army Wife (Post-Deployment) by Lucy Michaels
- Two Men and Two Babies by Paul White
Please email your general feedback or specific comments about a story or Amber Martin's artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently considering publishing a second volume of Voices. Please let us know if you or one of your friends would be a good candidate to write a story or be interviewed. Send a short description of the proposed story to email@example.com.
View more of Amber Martin's artwork and contact details for commissions at www.diggerart.com.