Defence Families of Australia (DFA) is the official ADF families advisory body to the Minister for Defence Personnel and Chief of the Defence Force (CDF).
Our organisation sits outside of Defence systems, allowing DFA independence and impartiality to act in the best interests of ADF families.
Our team are all Defence partners of current serving members.
DFA currently operates under a Charter jointly signed by the Minister for Defence Personnel and Chief of the Defence Force (CDF).
To report on issues affecting ADF families, the Defence Family Advocate has regular meetings with the following:
- Minister for Defence Personnel
- Service Chiefs
- Head People Capability
- Director Generals of Personnel Army, Navy and Air Force
- Director General Defence Community Organisation (DCO)
- Director General People Policy and Employment Conditions
DFA provides presentations to:
- Navy Commanding Officer and Executive Officer Designate
- Air Force Pre-Command
- Army Pre-Command Partners Program
- Joint Warrant Officer Course (JWOC)
- Australian Defence Force Chaplains
DFA provides national representation to the following:
- Defence Housing Advisory Committee
- Mental Health Advisory Committee
- Ex-Service Organisation Round Table
- Returned Service National Defence Personnel & Family Committee
- Defence Community Organisation Family & Support Funding Advisory Committee
- Defence Reserve Support Council
- Young Veterans Contemporary Needs Forum
- DVA Deputy Commissioner’s Consultative Forum (VIC)